Saturday, May 31, 2008

goodbyes

I really really hate saying goodbye even if I know it's not forever. We had a going away party last night for a friend of mine-he is going on tour with his band and he is soooo excited about it. I am so proud of him for doing it. They'll be spending the next 2-3months going cross country playing at tons of places along the way and having some amazing life experiences I'm sure. He mentioned something about getting pierced because he'll be away from his girlfriend for months (which was more info than I needed but I was amused anyway) and that would certainly be a life changing experience! I made him a cake though-as a going away/birthday cake because he'll be gone for the bday. It was shaped like a guitar and I found a "grow your own metal hero" at the store and put that on top. There was also a second smaller cake as a "stage" and I got pictures of all the guys that are in the band and put them on skewers and made a banner of their band name and had them all onstage! It turned out really well...a friend took pics and I will get her to email them to me and I'll post them. Maybe I should go back to school in the culinary arts. I would hate to do that though and then end up hating cooking because I chose to do it as a career. Ah well we'll see what happens. They kick off their tour tomorrow though and at least he'll be well connected with cell phone and laptop for updates!

1 comment:

Kelipso said...

That cake sounds so cool! I want to see pics! I remember hearing they were leaving for tour and being SO proud of Shad :)